Saturday, September 11, 2010

If they can do it, why can't we?

So I have yet to find a place worth eating for breakfast in Orlando.  Granted I am rarely up at the crack of dawn, but I figured that by going to a place that is 100% focused on the sole preparation of breakfast cookery, I might be able to find a good meal, or at the very least a good cup of coffee and toast.  Nope, nothing, any suggestions?

A recent trip to Ft. Lauderdale had me loving breakfast again.  We stayed at a "W" hotel and Steak 954 was featuring breakfast, lunch, dinner and the occasional brunch.  They did well by my pulled pork, cuban egg sandwich with swiss.  Now the greens were wilted and dying on my hot plate (at least I got a hot plate) but a small price to pay for satisfaction.

I had to go back, a good breakfast is to hard to pass up, once you find one.  This dish is more my style, as soon as you get passed the allure of words such as "fried egg" and "pulled pork." Serrano ham crepes, membrillo, manchego, and dulce de leche.  Sweet, salty, and rich, perfect with my black coffee.  If I "had" to complain, it could lose the powdered sugar and the rotting fruit that they decided to serve me. The menu is pricy if you take a look at it but the 50% off hot food card brings it down to reality.  I tip my hat to Ft. Lauderdale and look forward to a find in Orlando.

No comments:

Post a Comment