Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thai House (50)



When going to any restaurant that is not part of your background especially if you do not speak the language...please do yourself a favor. Bring someone who does, close your menu, order a beer, and let them order for you.  You will be greatly rewarded.  Case in point, I ordered the steamed dumplings and see what I got?  Frozen dim sum shu mai from the market across the street.  Next to it, ground chicken floating in a delicious pool of lime, fish sauce, and cilantro.  Throw in some cellophane noodles and some fresh vegetables, and now your talking appitizers!
 
Having learned my lesson with the ordering.  I let my Thai speaking brother in law order the rest of my meal.  Simple, tasty, authentic!  My dish was all about the gravy, and the char taste the noodles got that you can only get from a screaming wok.  "hot plate?" yes please! I am convinced that every meal should come with these condiments.  Fish sauce, chili's, crushed peanuts, and what I like to call... Chinese ketchup.

http://www.thaihouseoforlando.net/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment