Saturday, February 12, 2011

Eat em Raw @ Lee and Ricks



I am so oblivious to my surrounds right now.  All I know is I just got out of a Chevy pickup truck, stumbled through a narrow hallway, and found myself in a low lit dungeon with a bar in it. What would you think?  The bar is made out of, whatever it is that they make all the sculptures at your local mini golf resort...wait did the building look like a big ass boat to you?  "Brian! focus...this is an oyster sanctuary...with a juke box."  Think back, circa middle school, you know those napkin holders they have on every table in the cafeteria?  Well those are hanging above the bar for your convenience...our schools wasted so much money on those napkins, you know what we did with those things?

"Hello, my name is Brian, #1 mother-schucker, in this place..." "Wait! Brian with an 'i' or a 'y'?" "With an 'i' of course...they spell it differently?" "Good answer, ok mother-shucker, two buckets of Apalachicola, two pitchers of whatever's cold, a few mugs, lets get this show on the road. "  Clarified butter, hot sauce, horseradish (my fav,) and saltine crackers, yes please, this is a bi-valve experiment we got going on here.  We have all the tools we need, throw in a fork, and we are ready.  Plates? no way...got the bar for that.  Push everything of the edge of the bar when your done and thats service!  Just not the mugs "those are limited," its, ok he went in after it (the wallet too but thats another story.)
This guy is fast, blazin fast.  We have close to a dozen people in our group and he is slingin' oysters at us as fast as we can eat em.  The mood is right, I hit up the juke box and got it to play some Deftones and Mars Volta, its all about maximizing your dollar (I should ask frank to write up a post about the, LBC 'more juke for your buck' technique)
So you think your fast eh?  I accept your challenge mother-shucker...bring it.  I start one by one destroying oysters with forks full of horseradish.  Fresh, briny, cool, clean, taste of the oyster, followed up by the big bold bite of the horseradish, the ball is in my field friend.  This guy thinks he's slick throwing 5 down when I am taking a drink of my cold beer.  Touche, Brian....Touche, I quickly catch up but my buddy to my right is a dozen deep, time to pull him out of the weeds.

The number consumed was ridiculous, plus I lost count...and by default, I have to give the victory to Brian. See the thing is, I cannot eat the last one until he shucks it, but I kept his pace.  Brian you are a prince amongst men, you have done well. I will be back

Website
Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment